Sunday, October 24, 2010

THE RIZZOLI REVELATION pt2 END

RIZZOLI & ISLES-fanfic. Set during the end of episode six, season one, Jane was looking forward to a lazy day off. She hadn't counted on Maura and the rest of the Rizzoli family having their own ideas. (Jane Rizzoli/Maura Isles)
Part two of two.



Read THE RIZZOLI REVELATION pt2 END




Disclaimer found in part 1.





THE RIZZOLI REVELATION pt2 END
----------------------------------------------------------------------
by Carola “Ryûchan” Eriksson





“Right!” Angela snapped into action, making both Jane and Maura jump. “Frankie Jr needs to get back to work now, and I need to go to the grocery store.” She urged her husband and son into motion, then stepped forward and hugged the surprised Maura. “It was lovely to see you Maura, as always. Jane really should bring you over for dinner sometime soon, maybe next weekend?” She beamed at her daughter and mouthed an exaggerated ‘CALL ME’ at her that neither of the women in the room missed. “Oh and Frankie, pick up the dog will you? Your father and I are dog-sitting today.”

With that Angela Rizzoli bustled all her family sans her daughter out the door, plus one small but happy canine, and closed it behind her. Silence reigned in her absence for a while.

“She stole my dog!” Jane blurted, snapping out of her shock.

“I’m sure she merely borrowed your dog, Jane.” Maura assured her helpfully. “You’ll get her back tomorrow.” She frowned a little at the bag in her hands. “I bought pastries for your parents.”

Idly remembering how Frost had used the word ‘endearing’ to describe Maura, Jane felt some of her mortification give way for her affection for the other woman. She smiled. “That just means there’s more for us. Why don’t you get a cup of coffee and start in on them and I’ll come join you as soon as I’ve taken a quick shower?”

Her cause aided by Maura’s empty stomach as well as her supreme sweet tooth, Jane quickly had the other woman suitably distracted to make a run for the bathroom. It took her a moment to get going because she was too charmed by the little smile on Maura’s lips when she admired the decorations on the small pastry before eating it, but after that she made quick work of her usual morning routines.

With images of Maura dancing on the inside of her eyelids and the various things her family had suggested about the two of them buzzing around in her thoughts, Jane stepped into the shower and, with some embarrassment, set it to cold.

“Cold water is invigorating once in a while.” She told herself. “That’s all.” As if to defy her the images of Maura only became clearer and more insistent, Maura smiling, Maura blushing, Maura in various states of undress, Maura’s cleavage from their undercover night... Jane repeating that little move the bartender had performed on her, only this time she was the one licking a path down Maura’s neck...

Jane smacked herself in the face and rubbed the shampoo into her hair a bit more forcefully, desperate to ignore the fact that her stomach was doing flip-flops at the thought of kissing Maura. Since when did she fantasise about pushing Maura up against the kitchen counter, or possibly lay her down on it, to kiss her until the sun went down anyway?

It was a rather guilty feeling and nervous Jane that sidled into the kitchen, only to find that after one look at Maura licking crumbs off her fingers all thoughts of food was forgotten, as was the ability to think altogether.

Now Maura Isles might not have been the most socially suave of people, but she was a certified genius, and with that came at least some observation skills. She noticed her friend’s wide-eyed stare at her lips, and after the brief initial surprise realization set in. Maura smiled.

Realizing what she had been doing and that the other woman had caught her doing it, Jane blushed badly and looked away. “Ah, uh, sorry Maura.”

“That’s alright, Jane. I’m flattered actually.”

“Its just, my family, they... they’ve been assuming things, a lot of things, about you and me.” Jane sheepishly tried to explain. “They’re making my head spin, really. Oh, and in case you didn’t know it...” She grinned briefly at Maura. “My entire family adores you. After a short bout of ‘oh my god, Jane is gay’ my mother was all but planning our wedding.”

Maura smiled, clearly happy to hear that she was well liked by the Rizzoli family, but there was also a touch of anxiousness in her expression, suggesting that she wasn’t sure where Jane was heading with the conversation. Jane wasn’t too sure herself, and felt plenty anxious too.

“Dad and Frankie were both kind of angry with me because they thought that I had put in an ad to meet other people while I was already involved with you. I tried to explain to them, which I think is about where you came in? That was what all that was about.”

“So...” The smile faded and Maura’s brow furrowed. “You didn’t mean it?”

The hurt that crept into Maura’s eyes hit Jane surprisingly hard, and although she had meant to say something else to try to laugh it all away, one look at Maura’s expression had her instinctively blurting out the truth. “No! No, I meant it! I mean I do.”

Confused with herself and what she really wanted to say or do Jane slumped down in her chair a bit and, without being entirely aware of it herself, pouted at Maura.

“I meant what I said too.” Maura’s voice was warm, and deep affection and perhaps a touch of adoration virtually shone from her. Jane blushed and fidgeted at the sight, unable to hold onto her unintentional pout when faced with that.

“My family has decided that I’m gay, and nothing I say will change their minds. Ironically though, before all of this I had never even thought about it.” She hesitated slightly. “Have you?”

“Have I considered that you might be interested in women romantically, that I might be interested in women romantically, or that I might be romantically interested in you specifically?” Maura asked for clarification but didn’t wait for the somewhat stunned Jane to answer. “Yes.”

“...yes?”

“Yes.” Maura confirmed quite calmly.

“Yes, what?” Although Jane didn’t notice it herself she was leaning forward over the table, almost visibly hanging on Maura’s answer.

“Yes, I have considered that I might be attracted to women before. I was in a relationship with an older girl for almost a year back in my student days. And yes, when we first met I briefly wondered if you might have been a lesbian.”

“You were in a relationship with a girl?” Jane goggled at the thought, although it also sent a curious trill down her spine. “When?”

“College.” Maura seemed a bit amused by Jane’s reaction. “It didn’t end badly, but it did end.”

“Why didn’t you say anything when we were going undercover?”

“It was a long time ago and had no real relevance to the case. And as the expression goes, I do not ‘kiss and tell’... not the ones that meant something, anyway, and not unless you specifically ask.”

“And...” Jane realized something was being omitted. “...what about the third option?”

“Have I ever considered that I might be interested in you romantically?” Maura hesitated and Jane stopped breathing. “Yes. Yes I have. I don’t anymore.”

Jane felt absolutely crushed, and it stunned her that she felt that strongly this fast. Hadn’t it all simply been something her family brought up just earlier today? In that case, why did it hurt to know that Maura had considered her, however briefly, and decided she wasn’t interested anymore? Since the other woman simply could not lie Jane could count on it being nothing but complete and utter truth, too.

“I stopped wondering because I found the answer.” Maura didn’t look like she was faring much better than Jane, uncomfortably squirming in her seat and avoiding meeting Jane’s eyes. “I am... interested in you, very much so.”

“Oh!” Just like that Jane’s spirit lifted and she felt cautiously hopeful. “You are? You never said anything.”

“I didn’t intend to tell you. It didn’t seem like something a good friend should be feeling.” Hands fluttered a bit aimlessly on the tabletop, until Jane with a fair deal of awkwardness reached out and put her own hand over Maura’s. Maura continued in a hushed voice. “I thought that if I dated a lot it would pass, that I might become interested in someone else instead... but it hasn’t worked so far.”

“I’m kind of glad it hasn’t worked.” Gently squeezing Maura’s hand Jane spoke a bit more shyly than she was entirely comfortable with. “Given the things you’ve heard me say today and the fact that you’ve already caught me ogling you I’m sure its no surprise, but... I, I think I might be, that I’m kind of... interested too.”

“It might have been in the back of my mind for a while, but I haven’t really thought about it until today... well, yesterday... no, okay, the undercover thing.” She got a little flustered admitting that out loud. “Anyway, what I meant was, if you’ve thought about it... would you want to give it a try? Dating me, I mean. You pretty much know my awful track record when it comes to romance, and when it comes to being involved with a woman I’ll probably be even more clueless, plus you know of my temper and my hang-ups. Would it be worth taking a chance on?”

“Yes.” The answer was immediate and instinctive, causing Maura to flush and look a bit dismayed with herself. Jane thought it was very flattering. “I mean, yes, if it was up to me I think it would be worth it. I would have liked to try.”

Jane intertwined their fingers. “Okay. Then, would you go out with me, Maura? Dinner and a movie, possibly with sinful amounts of chocolate?”

“I’d love to.” Maura said softly, a smile starting to chase away her uncertain expression from before. “Perhaps we can make that dinner and then a movie at my place? With sinful amounts of chocolate and ice-cream? I need to feed Bass.”

“But Jane? I have to ask you something...” Maura delicately cleared her throat and shifted a little in her seat. “Have you ever thought about... kissing me?”

“Actually I seem to be doing that a lot, today.” It was embarrassing to admit, but if Maura was that honest about everything Jane had to do her best to be as well. Her eyes tracked to Maura’s lips and stayed there until she managed to force herself to look away. “I’m doing it right now apparently.” She muttered, more to herself than anything meant to be heard by the other woman.

Maura nodded and withdrew her hands. “Would you like to try?” She asked mildly.

Jane stared at her.

“Before you commit to dating me, would you like to try kissing me to find out if you would be comfortable with that kind of... closeness between us at all?” Maura clarified, head tilted in contemplation. “You might discover that it is not something you would enjoy.”

After unsuccessfully working her suddenly quite dry mouth for a while Jane settled for a shaky nod, no longer sure at all what she was doing but momentarily overruled by long suppressed baser instincts that said that she was not about to refuse a kiss from Maura Isles for anything.

Nodding slightly herself, Maura got up and rounded the table. She hesitated only very briefly before sitting herself down straddling Jane’s lap, nearly causing the taller woman to choke in surprise.

She smiled at Jane and very lightly put a hand to her cheek. “I’m going to kiss you now, okay?” Dimly Jane marvelled at how calm and unconcerned Maura seemed in this situation, when Jane herself felt her heart pounding somewhere in the vicinity of her ears.

The first impression was of softness, such softness, as Maura very gently and carefully moved her lips against Jane’s. After a few passes she made to withdraw, but Jane surged forward, finally responding to the kiss and quite unwilling to let Maura go. Her hands came up to loosely encircle Maura’s waist.

With a small pleased sound Maura returned with a much firmer kiss, her hand reaching up to tangle in Jane’s hair while their lips moved together. Abandoning gentleness for passion Maura soon slid her tongue into Jane’s mouth, and with a moan the kiss ignited.

Maura found herself crushed against Jane’s body by a pair of long arms, one surprisingly strong hand on her rear making her twitch with every rhythmic squeeze. Jane had both of Maura’s arms wrapped firmly around her head and was so determined to devour the other woman that when Maura finally had to draw back slightly to gasp for air, Jane immediately locked onto her neck and unintentionally fulfilled her own fantasy from earlier that morning.

“Oh my God, Jane!” Maura gasped and bucked a little as Jane found the pulse point on her neck and fervently latched onto it.

Slowly brought out of her haze by the sound of her own name, Jane reluctantly released Maura’s neck and drew back, blinking rapidly and trying to come back to her senses. They stared at one another, still breathing rather heavily while the crushing hold eased into a warm embrace. Maura found rational thought first.

“Oh Jane...” She shook her head, smiling somewhat ruefully. “If you tell me that you didn’t enjoy that, I don’t know what I’ll do.”

Jane chuckled and pulled Maura forward a little until their heads nestled together. “Well, there’s no chance of that now, is there?” She leaned into Maura’s hair and breathed deeply, deciding she loved how the other woman smelled. “And wasn’t it you who told me that I’m not your type?”

“Oh, you’re not my type.” Jane could feel the edges of Maura’s grin underneath her ear. “That doesn’t change how I feel though.”

“Will it make it any better if I promise not to wear shoes to bed?” Unable to resist Jane started playing with Maura’s hair. She grimaced a little when she recalled the other reason given why she was not Maura’s type. “The other thing I might need some help with, sometimes.”

She was self-aware enough to know that there were times that relaxation didn’t come to her easily, it was something she thought came with the job.

“That sounds just perfect to me.” Was the happy reply. “And if you give me a little time I’ll get those Celtics tickets you wanted.”

“Celtics?” Jane drew back to look at Maura, amazed. “You’d get tickets for... why?”

“Well you said you’d ‘flip’ for those.” Maura smiled contentedly. “I thought I’d... hedge my bets.”

“Sometimes you’re just too cute.” Jane mumbled to herself. “But you know what? We have a problem.”

“We do?” A touch of insecurity began creeping back into Maura’s expression, causing Jane to hurry to reassure her.

“Yep, we do. I’m starving, and I’m sure you’re no better off, so I should really take you out to dinner as promised.” She grinned at Maura. “But that means I have to let go of you first, and I’m not sure I can do that.”

To prove her point she squeezed the other woman a bit more, earning a startled but delighted little laugh for her efforts.

“Isn’t that just too bad?” Maura sounded anything but regretful. “Of course, if we could possibly force ourselves to move for a little while... we could swing by that little Italian restaurant on the way to my place, or maybe the Chinese... get dinner to go... save the going out part of dinner for next time, and just eat at my place.” She fluttered her lashes at Jane. “I have some very nice wine and some of your beer to go with it if you want.”

Amused and trying to figure out if the latest little manoeuvre was meant to be flirtatious or if Maura was joking with her, Jane smirked and pretended to think it over. “Is that so? Skipping the actual date part of the date for later? Hmm... I can’t decide. Got any more incentive?”

“A big, comfy couch...” Maura fiddled a little with Jane’s hair, making her shiver. “...an even bigger flat-screen TV and anything on it or in my DVD collection that you want to watch, and very little chance of any member of your family letting themselves in unannounced.”

“Wow...” Jane grinned. “You sure know how to woo a girl.”

“Speaking of which, since your parents won’t return your dog until tomorrow you don’t really need to come back here tonight. You could spend the night at my place if you want?”

Feeling a definite kick somewhere south at the probably rather innocent suggestion, Jane cleared her throat and replied with a voice that was just a touch deeper than usual. “A sleepover? Alright... so I should... pack a bag?”

“Pack a bag.” Maura nodded and beamed happily, easily hopping up from Jane’s lap to watch as Jane wobbled unsteadily to her feet before turning her attention to the kitchen table. “I’ll clean up here while you get your things together.”

Her head swimming a bit with everything that had happened Jane staggered into her bedroom, managed to locate her gym bag on automatic and tossed toiletries and random underwear into it, only remembering to add her sleepwear as an afterthought, before heading towards her closet for something to wear at work in the morning.

“Did I ever tell you that I own a Jacuzzi? It’s big enough for two.”

The loud bang that followed that statement had Maura come into view for a worried glance through the bedroom door. Jane smiled sheepishly and hid the fact that she had just torn the closet door half off its hinges by leaning up against it. “I, uh, don’t know where I’ve put my swimsuit?”

“Oh, that’s alright, you can borrow one of mine.” Relieved, the smiling Maura returned to whatever she was doing in Jane’s kitchen. “If you want one.”

Swallowing hard and no longer seeing her clothes, Jane just grabbed what she could and hoped that she at least got one of each needed item, because at this point she no longer cared what she’d look like at work tomorrow.

“Done!” She called out a little too loudly, leaning the broken door against its mate and promising herself that she’d fix that later, before hefting her bag and snagging Maura’s already neatly made up one on the way out.

“Me too.” Maura smiled and handed Jane her jacket. “Did you decide what you want? I could call in an order for us while you’re driving, that way we just need to pop in and pick it up.”

Putting her jacket on and gently ushering the other woman ahead of her out the door before locking it behind them, Jane smiled. Had she decided? Oh yeah.

“Yeah, I did. I know what I want.” She answered and waited the brief moment it took for Maura to look up at her quizzically. Dropping both bags to the floor she wrapped her arms around Maura, backed the startled woman up against the door and proceeded to kiss her deeply.

After a good long moment Jane stepped back, a smile on her face and feeling rather happy with the world for once, picked up the bags in one hand and offered the other to the dazed-looking Maura.

“Oh.” Maura sighed dreamily, taking Jane’s hand. Then, as her mind caught up with her, she beamed brightly. “Oh!”

She gave Jane a loving look that made her insides melt. “Me too.”

Unable to contain herself anymore Jane tugged on Maura’s hand and started off down the hallway, feeling like an overgrown teenager in love.

The thought came to her mind just as the two of them exited her building that her mother would never let her live this one down.

For once in her life Angela Rizzoli had played matchmaker on her daughter’s behalf... and succeeded.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hot. And naturally, awesome. I always enjoy reading your more-than-a-little smutty stories~~ Lol, any chance of Perrine/Lynette making a return?

Ryûchan said...

Anonymous,
XD Thank you! My more than a little smutty, huh? *chuckles* I’m glad to hear it since I’m really bad at outright sex-scenes and, with the exception of two stories I think, I avoid them. I do skirt a bit close to it in some stories though, which usually is really embarrassing for me afterwards. :P
As for Lynette and Perrine, well, I’m hoping to be able to get back to “Bicycle of Confusion” soon and finish that up, and if I do I was planning of having a few small mentions of them in it (it is basically a Mio story, but it ties in with the other two stories in the series). We’ll see though.

/Ryûchan

Anonymous said...

I think you made my day, and it's only just past midnight~~~ Lol, I think you do smut really well (wow, that sounded a little dirty); very intense without making it something out of a harlequin novel. But am completely looking forward to "Bicycle of Confusion"! I hate (and by hate, I mean love) that you make me doubt Mio/Minna because Gertrud/Minna is too cute.

Ryûchan said...

Anonymous,
*laughs* Why thank you, I’m very glad to hear it! And wow, thanks for your encouragement about my “smut”. XD
Heh, what can I say? I would be a big fan of Mio/Minna myself if I wasn’t so utterly convinced that Minna/Trude and Mio/Yoshika are just perfect. Next to Eila/Sanya Minna/Trude are my favourite SW couple, which is rather sad for me since there isn’t that much to support it... although at least there’s a few scraps, I guess I’ll have to settle for that. XP
/Ryûchan

Anonymous said...

All hail, Ryûchan-sama speaks! Lol, but glad for the update. Seriously though, subtext is subtext is subtext. I'm playing a MMORPG right now (Vindictus) and I'm very much slashing my (female) character with the blonde Oracle/older-sister-type simply because my character swooped her to the balcony (to try to talk sense to the animal guardian, but let's not stress the little details, yes?). It's weird, but for me, I have this weird (weird, weird, weird) thing for..........................Minna/Lynette. I know, I know, but there is something kinda hot about that?

Ryûchan said...

Anonymous,
Not that I have any idea whatsoever about the game you mention, but… why yes, I support all sorts of femslash-type ideas. Go, woo that oracle! XD *loves my Sims3*
I’m not sure if I haven’t already mentioned it somewhere connected to the Strike Witches stories here, but my initial intention was to pair Minna up with Lynette (after that little trip they took together in the beginning of S1 if you recall?). It seemed like a nice possible pairing to me, but then Gertrude happened. And darn if I don’t find Trude/Minna to be absolutely adorable... Lynette is a bit worse off, because I don’t much like Perrine and think Lynnette should have gotten someone better. Perhaps Yoshika should have introduced her to that childhood friend of hers, hmm? :P Perrine could possibly have gotten together with Erica instead, as absolutely dangerous and explosive as that would have been.
/Ryûchan

Anonymous said...

Lol, that trip was what made my slash them too! I know Minna is concerned about everyone, but still cute! I actually didn't like Perrine at first too, but, lol, I think she somewhat grew on me, the damn tsundere. I think Lynette could really make her a better person. Haha, and better her than Yoshika. Yoshika, I dunno, I disliked the most in the series. Yeah, she's enthusiastic and everything, but it's really kinda annoying the way she goes about everything? My favorites are Minna and Lynette and Sanya.

Ryûchan said...

Anonymous,
Minna/Trude is simply how it must be and all, and Lynette and Perrine were shipped pretty clearly for season 2, but still you know… Lynne and Minna would have been cute together. Minna would certainly have gotten a very comforting and nice girl to “go home to” after a tough day /flexing her butt/ *ahem* working in the office. XP And they could sigh and shake their heads together over those impossible Fuso witches…
Yes, Perrine got a lot better in S2, which felt to me like the whole point of that season (“Lets make Perrine and Hartmann better and, more importantly, better liked characters! Yes! Even as we completely screw up the rest!” ^^;) While Yoshika is by no means a favourite I don’t dislike her or anything. My favourite list would probably be: Eila (by far), Sanya, Barkhorn, S1 Mio (S2 was her evil weepy twin XP) and Minna, while the rest are ok and Perrine, Hartmann and Lucchini tends to annoy me. :P
/Ryûchan

Anonymous said...

Love your stories.. please keep writing.

Ryûchan said...

Anonymous,
*smiles* Thank you!
And despite what you might think from how few updates I’ve managed to this site, I _do_ write, sometimes quite a bit… but somehow I keep getting stalled on the final bits of my stories. I have several almost-but-not-quite-finished stories lying about that keep hoping I’ll manage to finish. ^^;
/Ryûchan

Dojo-Shop geek said...

Googled your name after reading your Xena fanfiction on Ralst's site and I was thrilled to see that you had some Rizzoli and Isles fanfiction :). I really enjoy reading your writing, you manage to capture the voices of the characters really well.

Ryûchan said...

Dojo-Shop geek,
(great name btw XD) thank you for your praise, and I’m glad you liked my fics. Googled my name, huh? *grins* That’s flattering, hope you found the visit to my ficsite worthwhile. ^_^
As for Rizzoli & Isles-fics in general, or rather the possibility of more of them, well... the rest of s2 is going to start up on Sunday over here, so, ooooh <3, erm, I mean, maybe I’ll find inspiration for another snippet? ;P
/Ryûchan