Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sleepy

Strike Witches-fanfic. A little peek into the mind of the sleepwalker.
(Eila/Sanya) Not nearly long enough to qualify as a fic, but I'll post this snippet anyway since it can be read as a part of the "White Angel" and "Waltz on the Moon" story.


Read Sleepy





Disclaimer: All things Strike Witches belong to Gonzo and a bunch of others, though I’m sure I’m not hurting anything by borrowing them for a bit.

I think this little snippet could be read as a part of the “White Angel” and “Waltz on the Moon” story, or it could be read as just a random moment, whichever you prefer.




Sleepy
--------------------------------------
by Carola “Ryûchan” Eriksson





Sleepy... so sleepy. Eyes are closing, can’t focus.

Eila? Eila is... where? Want to go to Eila. Need to. But my eyes won’t open.

Aa, Eila is there. That is her heartbeat. Steady. Wonderful. Safe.

There is an obstacle in my way, can’t get through. It is hard, but I manage to open one eye, just a little.

Ah, a door. It has a handle, too. Good. I get it open on my second try.

There is Eila. Eila sleeps, I can hear her breathing. She sleeps on her bed, big bed, soft bed, warm bed where I need to sleep too.

The room is swivelling and I am spinning. Eila’s bed is quite far away, and now my eye closes again. But that is ok, I can see Eila anyway.

I can always see Eila anyway. Inside.

Feet are heavy, clumsy, and hands are slow. My clothes are being difficult when they should be obedient and come off quickly. I want to be with my Eila already.

There, got the last of it off, now to bed. Is there something I’ve forgotten? Doesn’t matter, there is the mattress under my hands.

You are so bright Eila, even when my eyes are closed. You can always guide me.

There, this is warm and safe and perfect. This is Eila. This is home. I curl up so close that I can feel her breathing, and I am where I belong. This is what I need. Now I can sleep.

Eila? I made it back from the darkness again tonight.

I made it back home. To you.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow; I stumbled over this completely by accident looking for something else. I hope you don't mind that I read it because... well, it was superb.

As I say, I stumbled over this by accident, but I've read a few Strike Witches stories before; this is the very first I've ever seen written from Sanya's perspective. What a beautiful thing. Its flow is perfect – the slightly hazily nature of the thoughts and the comforting warmth of Eila – the blending in of Sanya’s powers and her feelings... it’s all quite effortless. Thank you very much for posting it here... errr... again, I hope you don’t mind this internet equivalent of a complete stranger throwing streamers and confetti at you.

Ryûchan said...

Crosswood,
Thank you very much for reading this little snippet. ^_^ I’m glad you liked it even though it is just a few little lines, not really what I’d consider a story or anything. And I gratefully accept any and all internet streamers and confetti, bask in them and gather them up to save for nostalgic reasons. XD
/Ryûchan